Developing Debt Relief Strategies That Work
At DeLadurantey Law Office, LLC, our legal team understands that the accumulation of significant debt can happen to anyone. Unforeseen circumstances such as a medical emergency, loss of employment or a little bad luck can turn your financial situation upside down. If you are being hounded by creditors or haunted by bad credit, you need to know that the situation is not hopeless. We can help you explore your options for repaying your creditors, having certain debts eliminated, and restoring your good credit.
Providing a comprehensive debt relief services
Whatever financial struggles you are facing, we can help. We will review your financial situation and assist you with creating a plan for dealing with your debt. Examples of legal services we provide are:
- Chapter 7 Bankruptcy. Chapter 7 is the most common type of bankruptcy filing for consumers. In a typical Chapter 7 filing, you may be able to discharge most or all of your debts while keeping most or all of your assets. This means you could eliminate thousands of dollars of debt.
- Chapter 13 Bankruptcy. A Chapter 13 case allows you to restructure your debt through a plan of reorganization. You can typically keep your assets and catch-up on delinquent car and house payments over the plan term of three to five years.
- Consumer protection. Laws such as the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA), Telephone Consumer Protection Act (TCPA) and Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA) were created to protect consumers from over-zealous debt collectors and creditors. We take full advantage of these laws to help you fight back against negligent, harassing or abusive creditors.
- Foreclosure Defense. There are numerous possible defenses when your home is being foreclosed. For example, the lender may not have the proper documentation, your mortgage may contain unconscionable terms, active military personnel are given certain protections, and many other defenses may apply. You may also be able to participate in the Wisconsin Foreclosure Mediation Network, which Nathan DeLadurantey has been involved with since its inception.
- Debt Negotiation. If your financial struggles center on a few specific creditors, we can assist you with negotiating a payment plan with your creditors. To obtain a more affordable payment for you, we often negotiate with your creditor to reduce the total balance due, lower the applicable interest rate, and obtain a waiver of fees or an extension of your deadline for paying the debt.
Contact Milwaukee consumer protection attorneys for an initial consultation
If you or a loved one is considering filing for bankruptcy or you are being harassed by creditors or fighting to fix erroneous notations on your credit report, contact DeLadurantey Law Office, LLC for an initial consultation. We can be reached by calling 414-377-0518.