How do I know what bankruptcy chapter is right for me?
U.S. law offers federal help and protection for someone who has acquired an excessive amount of debt. However, when filing for bankruptcy, it can be confusing to determine which chapter of bankruptcy will be most beneficial for you. Here is a brief description of the bankruptcy chapters:
- Chapter 7 – liquidation and debt elimination
- Chapter 9 – municipality bankruptcy
- Chapter 11 – reorganization
- Chapter 12 – farmers and fishermen
- Chapter 13 – individual debt adjustment
- Chapter 15 – ancillary and cross-border bankruptcy
For a complete evaluation of your financial situation and help determining which form of bankruptcy is right for you, contact a Milwaukee bankruptcy lawyer of the DeLadurantey Law Office at 414-377-0518 today.