Negotiating Your Debt
Having thousands of dollars of debt is a huge burden that can affect every aspect of your life. When facing a large amount of debt it can be difficult to think of little else. If you are deep in debt, you are likely looking for ways to get out so that you can move on with your life. One alternative that is available to you is debt negotiation.
The Milwaukee bankruptcy lawyers of the DeLadurantey Law Office, LLC are experienced in debt negotiation and can help you decide if this is the right option for you. For sound legal advice and assistance regarding your debt, contact them today at 414-377-0518.
How It Works
If you decide to have a professional negotiate your debt on your behalf, the process typically includes the following steps:
- Organize your outstanding debt. Figure out exactly how much money you owe to creditors and how long you have been in debt.
- Sign a power of attorney. A power of attorney legally gives another individual permission to negotiate your debt on your behalf.
- Start saving money. You will save up a sum of money to make a settlement with the creditor that is a lower amount than what you currently owe.
- Decide on a negotiated amount. Your lawyer will negotiate an amount for you to pay.
- Once you agree to this amount, you may pay the settlement to the creditor to absolve your debt.
- Continue saving, negotiating, and making payments. Debt negotiation is a process that will continue until you have paid off your negotiated debt settlements to all of the creditors involved.
- If you owe thousands of dollars and/or have failed to make payments on your debt for a long time, debt negotiation may be the best solution for you. An experienced debt negotiation attorney will fight on your behalf to decrease your debt to a reasonable amount that you can pay.
Don’t let your debt continue to build up and damage your life. Contact the experienced Milwaukee debt negotiation attorneys at the DeLadurantey Law Office, LLC today at 414-377-0518.