Can filers switch from Chapter 13 to Chapter 7?

by DeLadurantey Law Office, LLC on April 1, 2010

Individuals who file for Chapter 13 usually are able to switch to a Chapter 7 bankruptcy filing. In order to make the switch, individuals should consult their attorney and notify the court.

However, some individuals are not qualified to make the switch if they have filed for Chapter 7 in the last 8 years. If they are not qualified, they still have the option of canceling their Chapter 13 by notifying the court.

If you or anyone you know is considering switching from Chapter 7 to Chapter 13, contact the Milwaukee Chapter 13 bankruptcy lawyers of the DeLadurantey Law Office, LLC, at 414-377-0518.

Leave a Comment

Previous post:

Next post:

Attorney web design by The Rainmaker Institute